Raleigh CrossFit Program Overview
Raleigh CrossFit Endurance is an endurance sports training program focused on developing and specializing in the performance of a sport-specific athlete. The Endurance program is currently geared toward those athletes who choose to specialize in running, biking and swimming. Led by Coach Chennelle, the RCFE program will help its athletes realize their potential within their endurance sport using the most aggressive and proven training methodologies, including CrossFit Endurance and CrossFit.
Why Use the Raleigh CrossFit Endurance Programming?
This is not a running club. Raleigh CrossFit Endurance is for those who are serious about improving their endurance fitness levels, as well as their running performance and to take their multi-sport training to the next level. No experience in running is needed to participate in this program. All experience levels can become a part of the Raleigh CrossFit endurance program.
At Raleigh CrossFit, we aim to provide the most up-to-date training knowledge, leading to an efficient and effective program to realize and maximize the endurance athletes’ mental and physical abilities. Power, speed and strength are critical to the success of an endurance athlete. By incorporating specific training programming to include sports specific intervals, plyometrics, strength and power-driven movements, RCFE athletes will be prepared to take on their endurance goals. Under the guidance of USA Triathlon Certified Coach Will Guidi, the Raleigh CrossFit endurance program, will focus on eliminating unnecessary volume of training while increasing intensity.
This programming is structured, focusing on sport-specific endurance application, while seamlessly integrating Olympic lifts, powerlifting, gymnastics movements, explosive activity and mobility-based support.
Our strength and conditioning approach for endurance athletes is unparalleled. We incorporate the CrossFit fundamentals of being constantly varied. Repetition is the enemy and results in a decreased ability to build fitness.
This program works. It won’t be easy, but who wants to train easy? Success will is determined by the smart and structured training program, support of the coaching staff and your hard work, commitment and determination – not to mention peer support from your fellow Raleigh CrossFit Endurance athletes.
Our goal within this Raleigh CrossFit Endurance program is to make you a better endurance athlete from the inside out. We also have a goal as an affiliate to represent the Raleigh CrossFit community as an affiliate team at various races throughout the area and beyond. Wear your name with pride “Raleigh CrossFit Endurance Team”.
Whatever your distance goal is, this program will help you realize your potential. Even if you don’t know what your 5k running time is or if you haven’t completed a marathon, Raleigh CrossFit Endurance will provide the programming, support and encouragement to make your goals a reality.
What Does It Require?
- Interested athletes will meet with Coach Chennelle in order to discuss their endurance goals. A specific program will be developed based on these goals and Chennelle’s assessment.
- Scheduled on Sundays at various times. Each clinic will be approximately 30-45 minutes with a fun run to follow. Distance of the run will vary each of the 5 weeks and will be used as a way to immediately implement those skills learned during the clinic.
- A discussion on how to use CrossFit to make you a better runnner as well as use running to make you better at CrossFit. The class will start with an open forum discussion on what people already have been told about how to run. The coach will then discuss whether what is generally known is healthy to apply to running or if it can be replaced with something more efficient. Each clinic will build off of the previous one and new drills will be introduced to aid with stride efficiency and mobility each week.
- The endurance portion of the program will compliment the CrossFit-specific training programming that occurs on a daily basis. Therefore, the overall recommendation for intervals, as well as CrossFit workouts, will be provided.
Specialized/Individual Endurance Program
- One-on-One Endurance Run Coaching.
- Personalized assessment.
- Individualized programming for a specific race goal.
- Nutritional education and guidance.
- E-mail access.
To learn more about the Raleigh CrossFit endurance program, contact us at 919.229.4075 or via email at email@example.com.